Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Today is a sunny and humid day.  I went to CrossFit M2 this morning and got my 2nd WOD in for the week.  I also took the kids outside to play on their swingset, which they love!!  While we were outside I got to pick some lettuce from our garden.  I'm so excited to eat it tonight for dinner!!  Here is my lame picture of a bag of lettuce.  Clearly I need a life, right??


I need to go to the grocery store, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm scared to take these two 2 y/o!  Lame....right??  This is probably my biggest fear as a stay at home mom.  I have no idea how to take these kids out by myself, because I have always run errands on my way home from work while they are still at the babysitter.  I feel like a little bit of a failure, and despite the fact that I know I shouldn't, I find myself questioning God placing the desire to stay home on my heart.  I mean can I really do this?  
I am looking for resources to help me develop a schedule and maintain my sanity which in today's Pinterest world there are plenty of resources if you have the time to weed thru them.  Here was a helpful blog post that I found yesterday "creative consequences for kids".  I did try out one of these tips today when it was time to pick up their toys before naptime.  It definitely got Chloe moving when I told her that whatever she didn't pick up would disappear until Friday.  Caleb on the other hand didn't get it.  But he did react when I put the toys that were left on the floor after clean up time on top of the cupboard.  I think part of my issue is that I grew up an only child, so there are so many issues that come up every day that I've never personally dealt with.  I also don't know what's necessarily realistic to expect from 2 y/o because I don't know about you, but I definitely don't remember being 2. So there you have it, my honesty for the day....I need help in mommy land with a few things!
Moving on....Yesterday I made a couple of wreaths while the kids were napping.  I love crafting and it really is a way for me to unwind and relax.  I'd honestly love to craft for a living, which sounds ridiculous when I type it out loud, but I really do enjoy tapping into my creative side and making some random things. 

Clearly not an exciting day today.  I'm hoping to do some fun things with the kids this week.  I'll be sure to post pictures and links regardless of the success.
Much love,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment